Fedoseyev Victor Mikhaylovich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, professor at sub-department of mathematics, Penza State Technological University (1a/11Baydukova lane / Gagarina street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodionov Mikhail Alekseevich, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, professor, head of sub-department of algebra and mathematics/informatics teaching methods, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The combination of innovative approaches to classical traditions has become an imperative of reforms of modern engineering education. Searching of new methods of training has satirized historical and pedagogical researches in this area. The work purpose is to show the relevance of the available historical materials by consideration of a problem of integration of engineering and mathematical trai¬ning at technical colleges.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented on the basis of historical sources, works on history of engineering and mathematical education, tendencies of development of professional education. The method of historical and pedagogical research and the analytical method were used.
Results. The value of the problem of integration of mathematics with engineering sciences in modern technical education is shown. The existing methods of solution of the problem of integration in the history of engineering education are analysed. Parallels of history and the present are found, the relevance of historical methodological approaches is revealed.
Conclusions. Despite the applied innovations, the pedagogy of engineering edu-cation after all has to be based on the classical traditions, developed in XIX and strengthened at the beginning of the XX century. In relation to the solution of the problem of integration of mathematical and engineering training, the historical and pedagogical approach allows to formulate conceptual bases of teaching mathematics to engineers and gives examples of the technique of their practical realization. In this sense, using of the historical and pedagogical method is justified and it is expedient.
1. Mrochek V., Filippovich F. Pedagogika matematiki. Istoricheskie i metodicheskie et-yudy [Mathematics teaching. Historical and methodological studies]. Saint-Petersburg, 1910, 384 p.
2. Froydental' G. Matematika kak pedagogicheskaya zadacha [Mathematics as a pedago-gical problems]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1982, part 1, 208 p.
3. Bolibrukh A. A. Vospominaniya i razmyshleniya o davno proshedshem [Memoirs and reflections on the far gone]. Moscow: MTsNMO, 2013, 128 p.
4. Fedoseev V. M. Matematika v istorii inzhenernogo obrazovaniya: poiski osnovaniy integratsii s inzhenernymi distsiplinami [Mathematics in the history of engineering educations: searching bases for integration with engineering disciplines]. Penza: Izd-vo Penz. gos. tekhnol. un-ta, 2015, 186 p.
5. Rodionov M. A., Pichugina P. G. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2014, no. 2 (30), pp. 219–227.
6. Timoshenko S. P. Inzhenernoe obrazovanie v Rossii [Engineering education in Russia]. Lyubertsy: Izd-vo VINITI, 1997. Available at: http://www.emomi.com/download/timoshenko_obrasovanie/
7. Krylov A. N. Sobranie trudov [Collected works]. Moscow; Leningrad: Izd-vo AN SSSR, 1936–1956, vol. 1, part 2. Available at: http://ilib.mccme.ru/krylov/
8. Venttsel' E. S. Matematiki o matematike [Mathematicians on mathematics]. Moscow: Znanie,1982,pp.37–54.
9. Puankare A. O nauke [About science]. Moscow: Nauka, 1983, 560 p.
10. Vygodskiy M. Ya. Prilozheniya analiza k geometrii [Analysis applications to geometry]. Moscow; Leningrad: ONTI, 1936, pp. 12–70.
11. Kleyn F. Lektsii o razvitii matematiki v XIX stoletii [Lectures about mathematics deve-lopment in XIX century]. Moscow: Nauka, 1989, 456 p.
12. Bugaev N. V. Matematicheskiy sbornik [Mathematical collection]. 1868, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 183–216.
13. Filosofiya tekhniki: istoriya i sovremennost' [Engineering philosophy: history and mo-dern times]. Moscow: IF RAN, 1997, 283 p.
14. Ryzhov V. P. Otkrytoe obrazovanie [Open education]. 2005, no. 5, pp. 80–84.
15. Saprykin D. L. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher education in Russia]. 2012, no. 1, pp. 125–134.
16. Vuzovskiy vestnik [University bulletin]. 2013, no. 20 (188), pp. 1, 8, 9.
17. Vsemirnaya initsiativa CDIO: materialy dlya uchastnikov Mezhdunar. seminara po voprosam innovatsiy i reformirovaniyu inzhenernogo obrazovaniya [CDIO world ini-tative: proceedngs of the International seminar on problems of innovations and reforming of engineering education]. Eds. N. M. Zolotareva, A. Yu. Umarov. Moscow: Izd. dom MISiS, 2011, 60 p.
18. Arnol'd V. I. Uspekhi fizicheskikh nauk [Advances of physical sciences]. 1999, vol. 169, no. 12, pp. 1311–1322.
19. Arnol'd V. I. Uspekhi matematicheskikh nauk [Advances of mathematical sciences]. 1998, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 229–234.